Friday, August 04, 2006

Man's Best Friend

I have been "one of the guys" for almost as long as I can remember. When I was 6, I was the only girl at an all boy birthday party. Don't get me wrong here. I was never a tomboy. I always liked dainty, girly things. I just always had more guy friends than girls. I never wanted it to be that way. I always wanted to be one of those girls that makes everyone look twice. In college I would get invited to steak night, or when the guys were all getting together to play x-box and get drunk, I was always there. It was crazy to me. I only have brothers. My husband only has brothers. I only have boys. Have I been preparing for the rest of my life all this time? The never ending espn/military channel? Again, don't get me wrong. I love all my "boys," I am happy with my marriage. At this point I don't want men ogling at me, but for hell sakes, if I get told how "awesome" or "cool" I am again, I am going to puke!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Lydia, you are so awesome! No just kidding, but really your are pretty cool. The Lydia I know and love isn't "mans best friend" I know how you loved to buy cute girly outfits for my baby Hadley and get your hair and nails done.

I think you make up for the lack of girls in your life just fine! You are one "awesome" lady!

Tiffany said...

Love the pic by the way.

Lydia said...

Tiff - Thanks.

Mi'Chelle said...

gabe thinks you're a super hot head turner.

i do, too, but i thought you'd be more interested in hearing about a males opinion.