Thursday, October 05, 2006

The end

Okay folks, it is all over. The end of the world is near. I made waffles from scratch this morning and my children have officially become obsessed with Johnny Cash. Hunter walks around saying, "Hello, I"m Johnny Cash." "My name is Sue, how do you do? Now your gonna die!" Does anyone think this could potentially be a problem?

I don't know which to be more worried about, the fact that I cook all the time, or our background music contains the phrase "son of a bitch" almost every other line. I am not sure about this stay at home momma stuff. I love music, and so do my kids. A neighbor of mine informed me that children should not listen to Johnny Cash or Soft Cell (Tainted Love.) No one told me this before. My stay at home mother manual didn't mention it once.

I'm going to fail miserably!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ok, Hadley loves Johnny Cash, her favorite is "Ring of Fire". I missed that memo in the Stay at home mom handbook too.

I thought you liked to cook?? Want some recipes? (Ok, now you can tell I am really a stay at home mama dork - nice)

SJ said...

Children should listen to whatever the hell you want them to listen to! Neighbours can mind their own damn business ;)

Johnny Cash rocks!

Lydia said...

Tiff - I haven't cooked in sooo long. In fact if someone at church has a baby or I volunteer to bring food for some kind of event, the long standing expectation is that Stephen will make the food and I will take the credit. Actually I always give him credit. But I haven't really cooked a whole lot. Now I do, it is really strange.

Mouche - Johnny Cash does rock. My children also love Metallica and AD/DC. I didn't think it was possible for a 10 month old to have preferences, but Remi would head bang and get really excited whenever we listened to either. Go to hell neighbors!

SJ said...

Isn't "mouche" french for "fly" or something?

Lydia said...

Hey maybe I was calling you an exursion boat like Bateaux Mouches. Actually I was being lazy and didn't want to type Scaramouche Jones in its entirety, and I didn't want to refer to you as Scar. How's that?

SJ said...

Cool, I always wanted to be the bad guy ;)

Anonymous said...

Cash is good for kids, as long as you stress the importance of not shooting a man in Reno just to watch him die. Kids are also particularly keen on the Ramones, They Might Be Giants, and pretty much anything Reggae (of the non-"kill whitey" variety).

Lydia said...

My kids love Reggae and anything close to it. We listen to Fiji, Kapena, Lucky Dube, and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, who sings my favorite song, (for right now anyway) the medley of "Somewhere over the Rainbow and What a Wonderful World."

I'll have to introduce them to the Ramones and They might be giants.

I think my kids like whatever I like, so it works well for me because I love a wide variety of music.

Phil and Sami Carter said...

Your stories crack me up! I love it!