Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tag, I guess

Note: During the making of this post a child was nearly killed. Actually the near death came after. While typing about my lovely husband, his #2, el diablo was eating blueberry muffins on my nice duvet cover. I am freakin out here. He is such a shit!



My sister-in-law April tagged me to write about Stephen. I
don't know why I have struggled with wanting to do this, but I have. Of course I love my husband and think he is the bomb. But, I am a little uncomfortable getting all mushy out loud. But, I will try.

*Where did you meet? We met sledding on "TV" hill in Oak City. My friend Angelica and I had been dropped off by her dad. (We were both still 15 unfortunately) He failed to mention to her mom that we changed the location of our days events from the sand dunes to TV hill. She did not know where to find us at the end of the day. We had showed up to hang out with Angelica's soon to be beau, who shall remain nameless. Well, Mr Knight in Shining armor got cold and left us up there by ourselves to wait it out. Stephen could not leave two mildly attractive girls to freeze to death in the dark. He stayed with us until her dad came and got us. He started a fire to show off his mad scouting skills. Wow, we were certainly impressed. Come to think of it, Angelica why in the crap did you date "leave us in the cold?" He was a bum! Okay that is not really fair. He was a cute bum. I forgive you.

*How long did you date before you were married? Well, we started dating pretty much immediately there after. That was January 1997. We got married December 16, 2000. Stephen took a break from me for about 2 years to serve an LDS mission. We wrote back and forth as much as you can when one lives in the jungles of the Philippines. He came home Oct. 12 and we were married two months later.

*How long have you been married? Almost 8 years.

*What is your favorite feature of his? His big blue eyes.

*What is your favorite quality of his? His mad scouting skills! Actually, he is really likable. It amazes me how many people like me. I guess he does not tick people off like I do. He is just so nice. He does bed time with the kids every night. He gets them all ready, says prays with them, and puts them down, every night without fail. I can't hardly do it when he is not around.

*Does he have a nickname for you? He calls me by my middle name, Marie.

*Does he have a favorite color? Utah Ute red.

*What is his favorite food? Ughh, I actually have never really thought about it. He likes whatever I make. I know he loves Mexican food though. Honestly, who doesn't?

*What is his favorite sport? Football. During football season very few channels work on our dish when Stephen is watching the games.

*When and where was your first kiss? Hold on to your hats. We were at a dance on Valentines Day in 1997. We were arm in arm swaying to the music our faces all nuzzled into one another. He was breathing really heavy on my neck, ooh la la then he planted one on me. Right there in the middle of the dance floor where everyone could see. I almost died.

*What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? As a couple, what does that mean? Oh time, without children. We usually rent a movie and I fall asleep. We used to be a lot more exciting. We would rock climb, hike, golf, snow board (on my honeymoon even) but now we don't do much together that does not involve sleeping.

*Do you have any children? 3 - Hunter, Remi, Bentley

*Does he have a hidden talent? Cooking. I guess it is not that hidden for anyone that knows us. But he is the cook in our family. In fact I used to be in a supper club. We met once a month, had dinner, then exchanged recipes for the entree we brought. I never had a recipe to give because Stephen, or Angie a couple of times, made my contribution.

*How old is he? 29

*Who said I love you first? Probably him, he is such a sap.

*What is his favorite type of music? Rock n Roll baby! (Metallica, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin)

*What do you admire most about him? I admire how forgiving he is. He never holds onto anything. He just forgives and forgets. He puts up with a lot from me, and he never complains, as far as I know. He is just a darn winner! He is definitely a keeper.


So, I guess now I need to tag someone else to continue the chase. I tag Angelica, Brooke, and Angie.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah I know what you mean about this tag... I got tagged by another friend with this one about 2 weeks ago, and I did most of it but had a hard time finishing it, so it is saved in my drafts. I will finish it and post it some day... You did a good job with it. Stephen you are really such a great person :) I mean that really! Love the picture of Bently and him, CUTE CUTE... That was pretty mushy about the first kiss, I think I would have killed Fred, but I can totally see Stephen doing that, he was loving every minute of it. Way to go!!!! Ute Red... Blaaahhhh We will just call it TEMPLAR Red YEAH!!!! GO COUG'S

Gel said...

I totally forgot about the whole tv hill thing. That is hilarious. The unnamed one was such an idiot. Thank goodness we all grow up, right?!? I like Stephen a lot, even if he still wants to call me Wardie. Darn it though, I am tagged. I guess you get to hear me talk mushy about Darrell now. :)

Lisa said...

You guys are so cute! Stephen really is such a good guy. That is funny he calls you Marie. That is my middle name too. I don't think Tyler has ever called me Marie though.

Lydia said...

Angie- I wear templar red. I thought it was all the same. Red is red, right? Wrong. It was pointed out to me that my Manti hoodie will no longer be acceptable attire to a Delta football game next season. :( I am kind of sad about that.

Angelica- We all grow up? When?

Lisa- Thanks. People sometimes think he is making fun of me, like the Mexican house help or something like that. Weird.

brookiebaby said...

Oh, I LOVE the picture of Stephen and Bentley! Sooooo sweet!! :) He really is such a good, just down-to-earth fun guy! I'm glad you have each other! :) Thanks for the tag. It's been a while since I've been tagged. I'll work on this one...I can go on and on when I talk about me and Ryan, so I'll have to make sure to condense it! :) Hope things are going good for you guys in D-Town! :)

The Wright's said...

The problem is, is that the Priest didn't leave his name or number. AUGH!!! Men, you can never trust them even if they hold a high calling. HEHEHEHEHE

Kim said...

Lydia and Stephen,

Kim told me I needed to come and read your new Post. I can't even read it because of all the profanity and crappy music. So by the way Lydia, Stephen pissed off plenty of people including my self. Tell your mad scouting skilled husband to call me since you never answer your phone!

Chris

P.S. I am not responsible for my idiot husbands comments. I love the picture of Stephen and Bentley
and tell Stephen he needs to teach my husband some of those mad scouting skills.

Kim

Unknown said...

I dont know if you will get this because you have not blogged in about a year. Are you guys still planning on coming to the Mesa game this weekend? Well we will be up at Timp View. Manti is playing for State, so you guys should come watch that game if your bored. Im having a little bit of a hard time missing Snow's last home game, but I guess I will have to manage some how. Any way let me know. Its supposed to be nice weather. Yay!!!!

Jenny Kay said...

I hope you dont mind that i blog stalked you! I just have to tell you that me and Kory LOVE you and Stephen! We both think that you are so fun and HILARIOUS! Your kids are so cute! By the way thanks so much for entertaining Brynn on sunday!