Friday, September 30, 2005

Joy


I have heard that everyone is responsible for their own joy. For some reason this hits me hard, right between the eyes. I am the reason that I have hard days, that I get upset and unhappy. It is my fault, not the world around me, that a good day goes bad. Every morning I get up to go walking with a couple of dear friends. Both inspire me and help me to be better. Each time the alarm clock goes off, I think about how hard the day is going to be, and how tired I am going to feel getting up at 5:45 AM. I know I gasp at the thought too. Yet, on the days that I manage to pull my sorry butt out of bed, the day is better all ready. I have a good life. My husband loves me and needs me despite all of my faults and angry episodes. I have two little boys that think the world of him and always manage to entertain me with their sweet little smiles. Yet somehow, at the end of the day, I find myself feeling bad. Why you ask yourself? I'll tell you. I have been irresponsible with my feelings and actions. Right here, right now I am rededicate myself to being responsible for my own joy! How at the end of the day can anyone be sad with these little smiles lighting the way? So, I will say it again, "everyone is responsible for their own joy." Know it, love it, do it!

1 comment:

Mi'Chelle said...

is Tim your new boyfriend? Lame

Thanks so much for this inspiring blog entry. I really needed to hear that today. Actually, I need to hear that every day of my life, but especially today.

Your boys are adorable.

I can't believe how grown up Hunter looks!

Love ya!