Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I am having the worst day. Our friends brother died last week. He was a heroine addict and had been taking methodone to try and come off it. He was also bipolar. I don't know how much any of you know about methadone, but it is wicked strong. Ben would go to the clinic every day and had to take it there in front of them. The clinic is closed on Sundays, so on Saturday he got two pills. I think he was taking his methodone in the morning and the bipolar medication in the evenings. The bipolar stuff made him really groggy. He took it and went to sleep. He woke up a couple hours later and took another methadone. He must have thought it was the next day. The two doses were taken too close together and he died. I am just sick about it. No one in my family has started into heroine (hopefully) but still I get so upset when I here about drug ODs, even if it is accidental.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry. That is no fun at all. You guys will be in our prayers.

Lydia said...

Thanks Tiff. It isn't really about me, but I still feel bad for them. It's just crazy when things happen.

SJ said...

:(

Sorry to hear that.

Luchy72 said...

If I may quote one of my favorite movies, "The Commitments"...

"Mia, ya fookin' bollocks! There's no "E" in heroin!"

unfortunate story, tho.

Lydia said...

Oops. I didn't really spell check. But thanks for the quote. Amazing how a quotes from the "hardest working band in show business" apply to many aspects of life.