Friday, April 21, 2006

What am I going to do with you?

In a few months I will officially be a stay-at-home mom. Today has been a really slow day with work so I have had some time to spend with the little kiddies. It is almost 3 PM and Remi has been asleep since just before 11 AM. Now normally this would be the highlight of my life and I would go crazy getting things done. Except for the fact that I have not motivation. Anyhow, I am getting a little away from my point. I don't have that much work. Hunter is in riding around in his hummer. I should be doing something productive with him like reading or some crap like that. In the past when I haven't done "mom" type of things I have always used the excuse of having work to do. I had myself completely fooled too. But, today it occurred to me that I am going to have to step up and be an active mother. Yokes! What I am supposed to do with 2 little kids all day?

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Just live life like normal silly! Instead of "working" lounge around and color or walk to the park. You will be amazed at the transition . . . it is wonderful!

If you need something to occupy your down time there is always Cherish Bound! :)

Luchy72 said...

I desperately want to be a stay-at-home mom. Dad. Whatever. Maybe I'll play reggae all day and be a stay-at-home mon.

Well, maybe not right now, but when they get to the point where the do things besides fuss and eat and puke and sleep.

Lydia said...

Tiff: I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

49words: Do they ever get to the point that they do things besides fuss and eat and puke and sleep? Just teasing. Those days pass quickly.

Vixen said...

I imagine that being a stay at home mom is alot of work. My sister does that and works nights (God Bless Her).

What about someone who isn't a mom, but wants to stay at home? I know find a rich man! LOL :)

Vixen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany said...

Here I am again . . . I was just looking at some of your old posts and I was amazed at what you said here:

"I am rededicate myself to being responsible for my own joy! How at the end of the day can anyone be sad with these little smiles lighting the way? So, I will say it again, "everyone is responsible for their own joy." Know it, love it, do it!"

Just knowing what you said, will make being a stay at home mom worth it!

Lydia said...

Vixen: Good luck with that. If anyone can find a rich man, I know it will be you. :)

Tiff: Ahhhh thanks. I needed that little boost. I can't believe I said that. Maybe I am bipolar hahaha. I love my kids, I hate my kids, I love my kids. Thanks for the reminder.