Monday, May 08, 2006

At the Zoo

Someone told me
It's all happening at the zoo.

I do believe it,
I do believe it's true.

It's a light and tumble journey
From the East Side to the park;
Just a fine and fancy ramble

To the zoo.

But you can take the crosstown bus
If it's raining or it's cold,
And the animals will love it
If you do.

Somethin' tells me
It's all happening at the zoo.

The monkeys stand for honesty,
Giraffes are insincere,
And the elephants are kindly but
They're dumb.
Orangutans are skeptical
Of changes in their cages,
And the zookeeper is very fond of rum.

Zebras are reactionaries,
Antelopes are missionaries,
Pigeons plot in secrecy,
And hamsters turn on frequently.
What a gas! You gotta come and see
At the zoo.





I took my kids to the zoo last Friday. The whole day I could not get this song out of my head. Also, the fact that there is an idiot who lives in my community that once tried to pet a zebra. The zebra bit his right pectoral muscle and tried to rip it off his body, resulting in a hunch back and crooked neck. Moral of the story: Never pet a zebra. Aren't you glad that you read my blog today to learn this important lesson?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Fun . . . which zoo did you go to? I want to take the kids to the zoo, but it involves driving. Probably won't happen until we move!

Lydia said...

Tiff- We went to the Hoagle Zoo. I haven't been there for a couple of years. It is getting to be pretty nice. Your kids would love it!

Gel- We had fun. It was freezing cold when we got there. Then it rained a little. By the time we left it was so hot that I felt like stripping down and jumping in the water with the elephants. That would be a good headline: Naked white lady gets smothered by confused and scared elephant. It was a good day.

SJ said...

This is interesting because I have been thinking over the past few days of writing a post where I quote song lyrics then write off-topic. I may still do it :)

Lydia said...

Well I would say that great minds think alike, but I'm not so sure that my mind is working lately. So I won't insult you that way. I think that there is probably a song quote that pertains to almost every aspect of life.