Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I survived!

I grew up traveling the Western United States and Canada camping with my family. Apparently I have had a somewhat distorted view of camping. This weekend, I really camped. I stayed in a tent outside of St. George, UT at a place called Red Cliffs. It was a fun and interesting trip. My husband and his family love to camp. In fact when his oldest brother Brad got married, his wife requested a camping theme bridal shower. She was given food storage theme on instead. (Weird, I know, but true.) When I got married I was asked what I wanted. I said anything but camping. Camping stuff is all I received, (none of the good stuff.) My husband absolutely loves to be outdoors, dirty and all that jazz. We have of course compromised, but still I am not too thrilled with the whole idea. We left Remi with my mother, thank goodness, and Hunter got to be an only child. He loved it.

It rained half of the time we were there. The sun came out enough to dry everything up and give me a few more freckles, not that I need any more. I love being around Stephen's brothers and their families. It makes me feel so normal. The worst thing anyone is addicted to in that family is diet Pepsi. hehehe. I love it!

Well, anyway, I have nothing to exciting to report, not that I ever do. I am nervous now that my inlaws have discovered my secret outlet of a blog, I can't think of anything to say or write about. Yikes!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Those Red Cliff's are beautiful. My sister works at Red Cliff camp in Cedar City. She loves it. She camps 24/7. I couldn't do it. I love to camp, but I am ready to go home after a day or two.

Down to one kid for a weekend, how wonderfully peacefull.

SJ said...

Camping rocks. Been too long since I've been.

Why oh why did you give them your blog address? :(

Anonymous said...

We did have a lot of fun didn't we?

April only requested a camping shower because that's what I wanted and being nieve to the ways of the family she went along with it. If she really knew what she was getting into she probably wouldn't have done it, but it didn't matter because we got food storage anyway. The case of mandarin oranges was nice though, I think we just recently finished it off (over 7 years later).

We're already looking forward to the next action packed get together, 4th of July. Oh wait, the wedding is next. That'll be a hoot!

Lydia said...

Tiff: It was really nice to only have one kid for the weekend. Remi would have eaten anything and everything on the ground. Hunter doesn't do that, so he wins.

Ian: I don't know what I was thinking. Now I have set myself up for ridicule.

Brad: We did have fun. April is always doing nice things for you. I hope that Spencer's wedding won't be as action packed as Eric's was. I am excited to have Joni do everything, that means I don't have to help. :)