Monday, June 05, 2006

Exhaustion

Last Friday my baby brother-in-law Spencer got married. He wed at 10 AM in a town about 5 miles from where I live. After that we had a luncheon here and then drove 1 1/2 hours to his home town and the place of the reception. I was about ready to cry from being tired when the whole thing started at 7 PM. We didn't get to eat ANYTHING at the reception for fear of running out for the "real guests." What a load of crap. Anyway, after the reception, I figured we had a pretty eventful day. Apparently I was mistaken. We then loaded into the car and drove about 45 miles to sit in a hot springs in the middle of Podunk, USA. I have to admit, other than the moss, it was pretty nice. Well, lucky for us, Spencer and his new bride were spending their first night of marital bliss 2 miles from the hot pots. hehehe. We trashed the car and got home at about 4 AM. I sure hope they can get all the shampoo off. On Saturday, we had planned a river rafting trip. I was a little nervous because we were taking the kids. Silly me, the river moved so slow that it was practically going backward in places. I guess you can't expect much from a river in the middle of the desert but still, six hours we spent on that damn river and made it all of 3 miles. I am not joking. Not to mention that it was the dirtiest water I think I have ever seen. In fact this may be my last post. I'm pretty sure we are all going to get sick from some strange Sevier water bacteria. Yikes! And now, the crazy idiots are planning another "rafting trip" over the 4th of July. Sheesh. Nah, I'm just joking, it was actually a really good day. My thighs are an interesting shade of red, but all in all it was kind of fun.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend! I am glad you got to trash Spencer's car. Our was totally destroyed . . . payback's a B!

Floating down the Sevier River hmmmmmm doesn't sound like fun. Yucky gross!

Luchy72 said...

forget what the "doctors" tell you, sunburn is good for ya.

Lydia said...

Tiff - I didn't mention earler that the car Spencer and Kirsty were driving belonged to her mother. She was furious. Hilarious. Also Kirsty's mother is my mother's best friend (small town.) I am pretty much done for, but it was fun.

49words - Are you being facetious? Coincidentally I am a redhead. I have tan skin, but my dermatologist is really going to kill me. Actually he might like it. More money for him when I have to have the cancer removed from my skin.

Luchy72 said...

I'm not being facetious, I just hate doctors and the ever-changing medical "facts" they perpetrate. Occasional sunburn clears up acne and the peeling paves the way for fresh new skin cells.

Vixen said...

Sounds like much fun! :) What nice relatives of you not to eat so there would be enough for the "real guests" ... The things we do for family...