Monday, July 14, 2008

Not in the mood

I haven't been in the mood lately. For what? You are thinking. For anything. I am not in the mood to make my bed, do laundry, dishes, water the lawn, deal with kids, blog, be nice. You name it, I am not in the mood. I have been trying to think of something witty to say, maybe a nice story to start the afternoon. (It is nearly noon now, I just finished breakfast. Sad, I know.) Alas I cannot think of anything nice. It is a proverbial expression. I use it a lot. "I am not the mood to listen to you fight." "I am not in the mood to discuss it." "I am not in the mood for you to cry at me all day about your brother playing with a small part that was pulled from a nameless toy in your room. It is not your special toy. You only care because he wants it."

Is anyone else not in the mood? Am I the only bleak person out there? Come on folks, wipe those stupid grins off your faces and tell me...Are you in the mood?

6 comments:

brookiebaby said...

Ha Ha! :) No grin here. My name is Brooke, and I'm not in the mood. :) I'm feeling not in the mood a lot lately! My house looks like a bomb went off, and all I want to do is sleep! :) I can't relate to dealing with kids, but I feel a little of your pain! :)

The Watsons said...

We must be related somehow!! I feel like that a lot too! Roger always says "Do I look like your slave?" All I can say is I feel your pain!

Amy C said...

Ya, I'm never in the mood either. Kids especially, and house work, never.

Lisa said...

I just love your picture that goes along with it all. That's how I looked last night when I was trying to get my boys in bed :) I finally have a break from the summer right now and I definitely don't feel like doing anything. I'm actually starting to feel really guilty that the summer is almost over and I don't have anything to show for it! I don't even feel like blogging. So I haven't posted anything for a while. I will get to it :)

Kim said...

I can relate! I am not in the mood to excercise or fight the urge to resist the cookies on my shelf. I wasn't in the mood to clean up or make dinner or go to another Pee Wee league game in the hot sun. There must be something in the air! Come down for a visit and we will not be in the mood together!

Kim

Tiffany said...

Try having 3 girls in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment with no yard. All 3 girls in the same bedroom! I am not in the mood to help you put on barbie clothes or polly pocket clothes and if you make me redo your hair or change your clothes again I will pull my hair out! Does that answer your question? :) Oh and btw why should I get dressed if I don't plan on going anywhere?