Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rough Go

The last few weeks have been rough at my house. Why do things have to be rough? It could be my fault....but I'm not admitting that.

Last Thursday was Stephen's first day back on shift. It is amazing how quickly I grow accustomed to him being home and helping me with life. i.e. the kids, laundry, food, etc. Yes, I can handle these things on my own. But, why do it alone when I can have my husband help me? Am I right? Anyhow, let's get back to Thursday. Thursday was hot. The kids had swimming lessons in the morning, and I barely got all of them out alive. Regan is such a wild card. This kid is typical in the fact that he is almost 2 and always on the move. I got the 3 girls dressed in the dressing room and looked away for maybe 30 seconds. In that time Regan left the dressing room and went to the deep end of the pool to climb on to the diving board. Luckily, our neighbor who happens to be a lifeguard grabbed him before he actually made the jump. I don't get frantic all that often as a mother. I was frantic, desperate even. I

This week I am all alone. It kind of bites, and I find myself wanting to reach out to someone. I am doubting myself and my choices. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this life. I made it through yesterday....barely. I didn't struggle with the kids at all. I actually got a ton done around the house. It was pretty amazing. But, my conflict came in the evening. Always the worst part of the day. I was unsure and unhappy. However, I survived! I did it. I made it. There just might be a light at the end of this tunnel.

I

1 comment:

The Watsons said...

It's crazy how we feel sometimes like there's no way out of this crazyness that life has thrown at us. I find myself in the same funk all the time wondering what I can do to get out of it and it just never seems to happen. I refuse to blame myself but I know that I am the only one who can get myself out! Hang in there! You are an amazing person and friend! I only wish you lived closer so we could chat more!