Sunday, December 18, 2005

Friends

Nice Friendship Quote : "A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." -- Bernard Meltzer.

So I have been thinking today about Christmas and my family and all the friends that we have had through the years. Man, we have had some good ones. I have two highlights in my week. The first is checking to see if Stephen's little brother has emailed me, usually a disappointment-he has too many adoring fans that need his immediate attention. The second is checking on my friends. I usually log onto my blog and then check Mi'Chelle's blog and then Tiff's. It is seriously the highlight in my day of dirty diapers, crying kids, and people asking me stupid questions about stupid apartments. I also have another routine that consists of calling my local friends to check and see if they still love me. I'm sure it is quite tedious for them, but I am always glad to hear that they haven't written me off just yet. So, this one goes out all of my friends that have stood by me through the years and provide a light that I cannot obtain myself. Thanks for overlooking my cracks.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Lydee, I have to tell you, you really don't have that many cracks. I have never seen one! I want you to know that means a lot to me, what you said. You are one my closest friends too, even though we don't see eachother as often as I would like, I still consider you one of the best. I also look forward to your blog too. I wish I could be there to watch Hunter and Remi grow up. Bryan really misses Stephen too. Thanks a million to you guys. Friends are great! Thanks for the quote, I love it!

Mi'Chelle said...

Lydee! I love you! You're the best! You're totally NOT cracked in any way, shape, or form.

Luchy72 said...

"So, this one goes out all of my friends that have stood by me through the years and provide a light that I cannot obtain myself. Thanks for overlooking my cracks."

Having cracks is what lets the light IN.