Thursday, December 08, 2005

Reality Check


This is a Shake and Go Speedway Raceway. It is our first in many of "I have to have that from Santa" gifts. I have been trying to get Hunter to write a letter to Santa for two and a half weeks. Each time he has asked for all the things that he already has. I have been trying to explain that Santa brings different things every year. Well, finally it clicked. He saw it on a commercial and then a friend of ours was helping Santa out and buying one for his son at Wal-Mart. Luckily we had one left at our Santa's work shop (wink wink). I guess they are a real hot item. Now my nephew wants one. He he he. I hope they can find it. Anyway, I was excited and scared at the same time. Happy that Hunter is understanding finally and scared because we almost didn't get it. The panic was setting in and I was getting desperate. I don't want to start down that path. You know that type of parents I am talking about, spending thousands of dollars just to get their kids the thing they "have" to have. Yuck. I have definitely had a reality check.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am so glad you were able to find that for Hunter. Hadley wrote a letter to Santa yesterday and she said she wants a Belle Dress Up Dress. That is what she told Santa at Walmart too, but unfortunately they are all off the sholder . . . immodest. I hope she isn't too dissapointed.

Mi'Chelle said...

Oh man, I'm starting to get scared for that phase. I'm happy that Brie really has no idea what's going on.

I do not, however, think that you could EVER turn into one of those crazy parents. You're just too smart. And cool.