Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Am America (And So Can You)

"I AM A GAY AMERICAN. AND I COULDN'T BE GAYER NOW THAT THE GAYS ARE ON THE RUN. OF COURSE, I'M USING "GAY" THE WAY OUR FOUNDING FATHERS INTENDED, TO MEAN "HAPPY," BEFORE IT WAS STOLEN FROM THEM BY THE GAYS, JUST LIKE THEY STOLE THEIR TIGHTS, WIGS, AND CODPIECES." -Stephen Colbert

Stephen has been reading this book "I Am America (And So Can You)" by Stephen Colbert. It is hilarious! On the back of the book he writes, "A great read! I laughed, I cried, I lost 15 pounds! I cannot recommend this book highly enough." Stephen and I have been hysterical over him. I love his satirical humor. You can also watch him on the Colbert Report. I am always crying by the time the show ends because I have been laughing so hard.

2 comments:

brookiebaby said...

Ryan totally watches his show! He loves it too! Maybe I should get him that book for his birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lydia! This is Bekah (Tanner) Shakespear. I found your blog off of Eric & Tosha's blog, I hope you don't mind!
I have to totally agree with you on this one, we watched him in an interview with one of the big news channels, and he was just hillarious! I haven't read the book yet, but I have been wanting to get it. I really don't think I have ever laughed that hard!