Wednesday, April 30, 2008

You never forget how to ride a bike!

I am going to have to come up with a big fat bullshit on this one. Yesterday, I was showing Hunter how I learned to ride a bike and I have never forgotten. I rode from our church, to my house and back again. I was doing really well. Granted, a few days earlier the sprocket tried to eat my leg. It ripped a hole as big as my face in my pant leg. I was so mad. My best pair of jeans. Damn bike! I'm surprised that I decided to have a rematch. This time I wore gym shorts, perfect bicycling attire. I rode around the church parking lot, down the curb, around the van and back. I was feeling extremely comfortable. It must be true, I thought, you don't ever forget this kind of thing. Well that's when I got the great idea to jump the curb. Let me repeat myself, jump the curb. As in lift the front wheel of the bike up bring the entire bike up the 3 foot wall that had to have been the curb. (Accurateness need not apply.) Well, without going into to much detail. I flipped the bike over, scraped my leg, hit my ribs, and after all of that, I caught myself on the sidewalk. Stephen thought I might break an arm or something, but no, I came away with only minor bruises to my legs and ego.

9 comments:

brookiebaby said...

I give you huge props for attempting this stunt! I'm so afraid that that's what it will be like for me in this dang, triathlon! You're such a good mommy to sacrifice yourself like that all to teach your children how to ride a bike! :)
Can't wait for next Friday!!!!

Unknown said...

LOL.... You are cracking me up. That is so funny. Im pretty sure I would not dare to get on a bike right now. I wish you would have had it on video. Good Job! Keep up the good work. By the way, your flash back Friday pictures are great...

Lisa said...

I had to laugh really hard, sorry. You are so funny! What did Hunter think of the whole thing? Is he terrified of riding a bike now? Tyler and I were talking about Hunter the other day and we think he is the coolest kid ever. He would always say the best stuff.

April said...

You are awesome! I love that you would even attempt that. You are my hero. I am not so daring, do you think you could come and demonstrate that for Braden?

Lydia said...

Brooke- I don't think that you will need to jump any 3 foot walls on your bike for the triathlon. You will be just fine!

Angie- It is probably in your best interest to avoid biking all together. I am no longer a fan of it at all. It is the devils sport.

Lisa- Hunter always wants to come see you guys. He was so mad when I was looking at your blog and you guys had gone to the scrimmage and we hadn't. Then he found out Brooke Heath was there. He told me he was the only one that didn't get to go. :(

April- I will not be demonstrating the stunt again for anyone ever. I thought I was going to die. Just teasing. It was mostly humiliating. Hunter just laughed. Stephen screamed. Remi picked his nose.

brookiebaby said...

Where's your Friday Flashback??? I soooo look forward to them!

Alison said...

I would've loved to have seen it...you go girl!!

Tiffany said...

So does Hunter still want to ride his bike after this? Hadley refuses to ride without her training wheels. Props to the curb jump, I about pee my pants just going down hill!

Anonymous said...

Good words.