Monday, January 19, 2009

The 5K

December was a pretty crummy month for me. I kept getting the stomach flu, weird. Anyhow, between that and the snow I really didn't run a whole lot. I was planning on running last weekend in the St. George Half Marathon. I decided to just do the 5K instead. My girlfriend Tiff has been kind enough to run with me. She went down too. It was so funny. I am pretty sure, it was my worst run of all time. Tiff has legs that go on forever. I kept up with her for the first 2 miles, but had to let her get a few minutes ahead of me in the third (more about that later). Anyhow, there I am running along, passing some people, while others pass me. I had about 5 people tell me what a good job I was doing. It struck me as kind of strange, being how they were running right along side of me. If I was doing good, then so were they. I thought about it later and realized that they were impressed to see a big girl. I forget sometimes that I am overweight. How is that possible? I had to laugh. "Way to go chubby!"

9 comments:

Haylee said...

I give you props for doing the running thing. It's something I have ALWAYS wanted to do, but HATE it so much that I can't get myself to actually do it! One day I'll get the motivation to get over it!

April said...

Lyd, you seriously are my inspiration! Keep up the awesome work!

strickland party of six said...

Hey Lydia, You totaly carck me up. I was playing the wii with my kids and it was the boxing and I'm here to tell you I am out of shape to and I am in so much pain everyday my musels got tighter and sorer it sucks being out of shape! And whats even more sad is we own a gym in "E" town LOL!

Lydia said...

Haylee & April- I guarantee that if I can do it, so can the both of you.

SPOS- Boxing is a hell of a lot harder than jogging. I always get laughing too hard when we box on the Wii. I get beat every time. I didn't know that you guys owned a gym over there. That is awesome. I really wish I was back there now.

Lisa said...

That is awesome that you ran a 5K! I can't believe you were going to run a 1/2 marathon. What an accomplishment. I always say I want to train for a marathon, just to be proud of something I have done, but I think I will always have an excuse. Oh well, I stick to my Taebo. Yes, pathetic I know, I still do it. Good job!

Linds said...

I haven't read your blog in awhile and once again I found myself laughing. Well if I passed you at the 5K and said good job it would be because my lazy ass can't even run a half mile. So good Job!!!

Anonymous said...

bwah hah.

what patronizing turds.

;)

you totally inspire me.

it reminds me of owen -- he's always like, "you take a shower mommy? you take a shower? oh, goodjob! goodjob, mommy!"

Lydia said...

Lisa-Taebo is way harder than running. I avoid it at all costs. :)

Linds- I am glad that you are laughing.

Meeshy- patronizing turds is exactly right. Owen can appreciate how hard it is to get up and take a shower. LOL what a funny boy.

Suzanne said...

You are one TUFF girl, Lydia. What an inspiration you are too all of us!