Friday, January 23, 2009

Presidential Inauguration

On Tuesday Hunter came home from school in a huff. "Mom, did you watch the news today?" I say, "Yeah, why?" He rolls his eyes, "Mom, you know what I mean, did you watch today or not?" I laugh, "Yeah, why?" Getting visibly frustrated, "Mom didn't you see Barack Obama. They had a huge parade." "Yeah," I say, "I saw it. So, why was everybody making such a big deal about Barack Obama?" This time his eyes literally rolled out of his head, "Because mom, duh, he is (pause for effect) the 44th President of the United States! Why did you think everyone was making such a big deal?"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL... That is so funny! Im still trying to decide what I think about him. All I know about Barack is that he wants to raise taxes on small businesses, and I own a small business so Im not convinced I like him all that well...
Yeah don't worry that when we heard Kyle was coming to the grill, we took down every BYU thing we had, which was kind of alot. We were even BYU fans when Keith was there, we just wore our BYU stuff under the U stuff long enough for Keith too see, then all the red came off. But hey, what he doesn't know wont hurt. RIGHT???

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!! I love it!

Anderson Family said...

He is so funny!! At least he didn't come home freaking out about Obama taking our guns away like Kaden did!! "Mom, if they take away our guns how will we hunt, and if we can't hunt what will we eat?" Like I have ever cooked ANYTHING Rawlin has hunted!! Good job on the 5K!! I couldn't go around the block when I am in my best shape! I am way impressed!

Anonymous said...

Love it.

I tried to teach my kids his name, you know, so that they might casually drop it in conversations with friends I'm trying to impress. Brie keeps calling him President Monson, and when prompted, Owen gives me a big dumb stare until I give him a hint -- President Ooooo...
and he says, "OwenThomasWarsen!"

At least Hunter will be able to impress/make other people feel stupid. :)