Sunday, October 09, 2005

Back in '82, I could throw a pig skin 1/4 of a mile.


Remember when everything was perfect? When, if the coach would have put you in during the 4th quarter you would have been state champs no doubt? Well, my husband and his buddies are trying to relive the glory days. Hilarious! All of the big talk and spouting off to one another finally came to a head as they played football last week. Not just any game of football, but touch football, didn't want anyone getting too hurt. Stephen, Chris, Lupe, Brandon, Roger, and some guy that was along for the ride. Now, I have spent a considerable amount of time listening to Stephen and Brandon tell me how wonderful they both are. Chris every once in a while has to put in a plug just to remind himself that he is not that old. I don't know Roger all that well so I never hear anything from him. Mostly just Brandon. He talks the big talk. Lupe, however never says a word. I have always just assumed maybe he never played ball or was into athletics. He is pretty quiet, or at least I think he is, one would never know with Stephen and Brandon spouting off like a couple of girls in gym class. Anyway, I noticed that he never brags about himself or his past. Well, last Thursday evening he showed, not told why. He was quick, swift and on the ball. He turned the after burners on. It was amazing. Here this quiet soft spoken guy was kicking the crap out of the big mouths. Sure every one else got in their shots too, but not like this. It was amazing. I dont' even think he was sore the next day. I didn't think Stephen or Brandon would walk for a week. I sat on the sidelines taking pictures like a good wife. Brandon of course got some good poses in.


Stephen was just happy to be there and apart of the game.


Chris surpised everyone by leaving them in his dust.


All in all it was a pretty good game, and I think that everyone had a good time. Everyone went home feeling good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were the quintessence of athletic atrocity.

-Mike Newlin

1 comment:

Mi'Chelle said...

Woah, lady -- you're quite the photographer. And journalist. You should be writing a column or something.

The guys look great!